When I started blogging back in 2009, I had no idea what Alexa rank is and how to improve it.
As time passes, I kept learning various aspects of Blogging and came to know that Alexa is like talk of the town in blog-o-sphere.
As being a new blogger, it was comparatively tough to attain a good alexa rank for my blog, but as my Blogging experience kept improving, my alexa rank also start touching heights.
In this article, you will learn:
- What is Alexa Rank?
- Why Alexa rank is important?
- and Finally, How to improve Alexa rank?
What is Alexa Rank?
Alexa.com ranks website on the basis of traffic they get. Not all the traffic, but only from those users who have installed Alexa toolbar in their browser.
What does it mean is, if you are getting traffic from Alexa toolbar users, your alexa rank will keep improving day-by-day.
Alexa.com is a product/service of giant of eCommerce business i.e Amazon.com. Although having a good alexa rank don’t help you directly in any way, but still it have its own benefits. Let’s talk about them:
Why Alexa rank is important?
If you are into online marketing business, where you deal with several advertisers/ product owners then Alexa rank is very important for you.
Blogs with impressive alexa rank attract the advertisers to spend money on your site to feature their service/product. Alexa rank below 50K can impress advertisers easily as it shows the quality of site.
So, having a good alexa rank help bloggers to make decent money from direct advertisements.
Except of money, it also help in various other ways like:
1. Backlinks: other bloggers will start linking to your site if you have great alexa rank. It will generate more natural backlinks for you.
2. Popularity: it builds readers’ trust and you’ll become more popular in your niche.
3. Interviews: Buddy bloggers love to take interviews of pro-bloggers to learn from them and not only that they publish that interview on their blogs too. So, if you have thrilling alexa rank, get ready for incoming interview requests
PS: I got interviewed several times of various good authority blogs and also on National news channel NDTV. You may like to watch my interview video here.
How to Improve Alexa Ranking
- Claim your site on Alexa.com
- Install Alexa toolbar into your browser
- Add Alexa widget to your blog
- Write linkable and sharable content
- Drive traffic from Social Media sites
- Keep updating your blog with useful content and keep trying to bring returning visitors
- Add videos into your content – Post interesting videos and share on your social profiles. People love videos. So, You’ll get great exposure and it will increase visit time of your blog and hence your Alexa rank will boost.
- Showcase your alexa rank to your social media friends/ bloggers friends and link back to your blog. It attracts huge clicks and your ranking will keep improving day by day. See, how I did that on facebook and got 100+ likes and 400+ traffic.
So, these are the tips that will help you to improve your alexa rank. I’ll keep updating this post for more helpful tips and strategies.
I highly recommend you to give some time in improving your blog’s Alexa ranking as it is important if you are a serious blogger and wants to generate money from direct advertisements.
If you liked this article, then kindly share it on your social profiles and help me to spread my words.
I would love to know from you, what’s the reason you want to achieve a better Alexa rank. Also, if you have any other tips/suggestions that works pretty well in improving Alexa ranking, then share it with me in the comment section and I’ll include that into my post.