GetResponse Review, Tutorial and Comparison with 3 Others
Email marketing is a very important thing you need to focus on in order to become successful blogger. Even if you have a simple blog, or you run an online business, you need to make sure that you get the email address of each and every visitor so that you can share premium content and case studies with them privately.
You can transform your email list into an inner circle where you share only the best articles!
Why do you need to start building an email list?
The reason is simple. Right now, you might be getting a lot of visitors but what happens if you stop working on your blog for a month? What will happen if you don’t publish a single article for 6 months? Your blog will eventually die and your visitors and your loyal readers will probably forget you.
Now imagine that you had an email list containing the email addresses of your visitors and you have an autoresponder service, you can stay in touch with your readers and update them why you didn’t publish any new articles.
An autoresponder service helps you get in touch with your readers and gives them a chance as well to reply to your emails. So if you are not building an email list, you should start doing that right now!
There are lots of services out there that you can use to manage and send emails to all your subscribers at once. Before we talk about the best ones, let’s first see the benefits of an email autoresponder and then you can decide whether you want to let your blog die or transform it into something big!
Why You Should Use an Email Autoresponder?
There are many benefits of using an autoresponder service; like you can use it for sending out updates to your readers and new subscribers. You can simply set up the emails and specify the time when the email should be sent to the subscribers.
1. Email Automatically
The best part about using an autoresponder is sending out emails automatically.
For example, consider that you have written an ebook and when someone signs up to your email list, the ebook should be mailed to them immediately. You can set up an autoresponder email with the download link to the ebook and specify the time. As soon as the subscription is confirmed, the email will be sent.
You can also set several follow-up emails that can be sent at regular intervals of time. All you have to do is write the emails and set them in your account and these emails will be sent to your list accordingly.
2. Build Solid Relationships
You won’t be able to share all your experiences and results from case studies on your blog. Even if you want to, it’s a good idea to not share everything in detail on your blog. Instead, you can offer the case studies, in-depth tutorials, to your subscribers.
This way, you will be able to build trust with your subscribers and form long-lasting relationships. You can not only share premium content with your list but you can also share the links to the articles that you found informative.
3. Business on Autopilot
You might have read that the main money is in creating products. Although you are making thousands of dollars per month by displaying Adsense ads on your blog or by promoting someone else’s products, you are still not making what you deserve.
Unless, you create a product, you won’t be able to make enough money. There are many benefits of having your own product. You get all the money and you can create a backend product, a membership site, etc. that will increase your income.
And since you already have an email list with a loyal audience, you will be able to promote your product very easily. And if you set up autoresponder emails and follow-up series, your business will completely be on autopilot, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year!
These are some of the best benefits of having an autoresponder service!
Now if you do a quick Google search, you will come across many email marketing services like Aweber, GetResponse, iContact, MailChimp, ConstantContact, etc. These are some of the best and most popular services that people use to build email list and landing pages.
GetResponse stands out from the rest of the service; not because it is the best, but because it offers a lot of features that can make it the best service. You can not only build an email list but you can also create landing pages thus saving you a lot of money that you might had to spend on buying a landing page creator tool.
GetResponse Review – Is It The Best Email Autoresponder?
There are many email marketing tools available for online business owners and GetResponse is one of them. Those who use it consider it to be one of the best tools to grow your business.
According to Wikipedia, GetResponse was founded in 1999 and even after 16 years, it still is one of the most popular autoresponder tools to send out email campaigns.
GetResponse is not just a tool to send emails, but you can create beautiful landing pages to convert your readers into subscribers. The email designs that you create with the tool are all responsive, which means that no matter what device your subscriber is using to view the email, the design will look elegant.
You can create emails, design sign-up forms, keep a track of all the statistics and pair it up with other email marketing plugins for WordPress website for higher conversion rate.
Features of GetResponse Autoresponder service:
Since GetResponse is one of the most popular email marketing tools, it offers all the features to help you maintain an email list and grow your business. Some of the features are listed below.
- Autoresponder: With the autoresponder feature, you can automate your emails.
- Import Contacts: If you already have an email list with you or you are migrating from some other autoresponder service, then you can import all your emails with this option.
- Schedule Emails: If you want to send emails at a particular time, then you can set the date and the time when you want your emails to be sent to your subscribers.
- Statistics: You can monitor the data and the statistics of your emails. You can check the open rate, the clicks and every detail using this option.
- Follow-Up Emails: You can create a complete series of emails on the same topic or promoting a product and send a list of emails followed by other emails after the set interval of time.
- Pre-defined Templates: You can create and customize your email newsletter by using the pre-defined templates and editing them when necessary.
- Analytics Integration: WithGetResponse, you can link your Analytics account and track your campaigns with better precision.
- Stock Images: GetResponse offers you a library of thousands of stock images that you can use in your email marketing campaigns.
These are some of the basic features that you should expect from any email marketing tool and GetResponse offers them all, plus more.
How to Get Started with GetResponse?
First of all, you need to create an account with GetResponse. Fortunately, it offers a free 30-day trial so that you can check out the service and decide whether you want to continue or not.
1. Creating a Campaign:
Step 1: Log in to your account and on the navigation bar, you will see a “campaign selector” tab. Click on it and then click on “Create Campaign”.
Step 2: Now add a name to your campaign and press 'Create Campaign button'
Step 3: Once you have successfully created a campaign, you will see some options on your screen. Click on Edit Campaign Settings and tweak the settings accordingly.
Before you save your settings, go to Permissions tab and change the selection in the Confirmations Page. If you are offering freebies to your subscribers upon sign up then select Custom URL and add a custom URL in this option to redirect them to the downloads page once they are added in the list, otherwise select the Hosted By GetResponse option.
Once you have set up your campaign, you can go and add the contacts to this campaign.
2. Creating a Newsletter:
Sending out periodic newsletters to your subscribers is one of the best things that help you build trust among your readers. You can send out your latest posts, or give them some premium content or case study that you won’t share publicly to show them their importance.
Whatever the reason be, creating and sending newsletter should be on your priority list. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Once you are logged in to your GetResponse account, you will see a big green button that says “Create Newsletter” on your dashboard. You can even select the option by going to Messages > Create Newsletter from the main navigation menu.
Step 2: Then, you will be given two options – New Email Creator and HTML Source Editor. You can either use the pre-defined templates to build your newsletter or you can code it from scratch using your HTML/CSS skills. I prefer Email creator.
Step 3: On the next page, you will be asked to enter the details to the newsletter campaign.
- Message Name: Give a name to the message for your own reference. This won’t be displayed to your subscribers so choose anything as long as you know what it refers to.
- Subject: This is the subject of your email. Choose something interesting!
- From: Set your own email address that will be mentioned in the email. You can change the Reply-to email as well.
- Tracking: You can track the click-throughs and also track your campaign via Google Analytics.
- Publish & Share: Share on Facebook and Twitter.
- A/B Test: You can split test your emails.
Step 4: On the next page, you will be given the option to choose from email templates. There are lots of options that allow you to customize the template and format your email exactly the way you want to.
You can either select the email templates or go with “Start from Scratch” option and build a basic email design.
Step 5: The next step is the visual editor where you will be adding the content of your email. You can edit the width and alignment of your email and use the blocks from the right side to add content.
Step 6: Once you have created your email, you can send out a test message to check if it’s working properly. You can even see the mobile preview and the desktop preview to see how the email will look.
3. Creating an Autoresponder:
Autoresponder is a really great feature when it comes to email marketing. You can use it to send a particular email to your new subscriber when he/she signs up to your email list.
You can set the time and the email will be sent automatically based on the time the visitor subscribed to your list. Here’s how you can set up an autoresponder series:
Step 1: Click on Messages in the main navigation bar and select Create Autoresponder.
Step 2: There are lot of events you can choose from that will trigger the email. The most popular and useful choice is Time-based, so we are going to select it. (You can select the other trigger options based on the event).
Step 3: Next, you can select the campaign name, choose when to send the email, choose the message you want to send or create an email from scratch and select a name for the autoresponder.
One awesome feature to note here is the Time Travel feature!
In the Send Message option, when you select no earlier than and select the exact time, you will see an option to turn on the Time Travel feature below it. Turn it on at all times!
When you select a particular time and send out the emails, they will reach your subscribers at different times. When a subscriber is in a different time zone, then instead of receiving the email at the specified time, the email will be delivered at a different time.
That’s where Time Travel option comes in! What this feature does is make sure that the emails reach to all the subscribers at the specified time. Even if the subscribers live 12-hour apart, they will receive emails at the time you specified.
Other interesting features of GetResponse:
Split testing is one of the best ways to determine which method works and how you can get the best results from your campaigns. Using the Split test option in GetResponse, you can add multiple subject lines to your email, change the content and delivery time to see which email performs the best.
Once you have a winning email with the best subject, the best content and the delivery time that gives you the best results, you can keep sending those emails.
Keep testing and you will see your conversion rates getting better and better.
GetResponse comes with a built-in Analytics tab that can be used to track all the campaigns. You can check your list’s daily growth from the chart and track the open-rate and click rate of the emails.
You can even compare various split tests side-by-side, send reports to your inbox for offline use and even set up goal tracking.
Integrations with Other Services:
GetResponse email marketing tool works best with other email marketing services like list building plugins, landing page products and others.
It supports most of the popular services and can be easily integrated for ease of use.
Whenever you spend money, you will expect a support system where you can solve your queries. GetResponse offers a lot of ways using which you can get in touch with them.
You can contact them via email, telephone, live chat (Monday-Friday) or you can simply use the Knowledge Base to find the answer to your query.
Before you buy the paid subscription, you can create a free account for 30 days and use the service to test it out. After the 30 days trial period, if you are satisfied, you can go for one of their paid subscription plans depending on the size of your list and your requirements.
Here’s the complete pricing detail of different plans of this email marketing service.
GetResponse vs. Other Email Marketing Service
As we all know that there are many email marketing services out there like Mailchimp, Aweber, iContact, ConstantContact, Vertical Response and others, so we are going to compare GetResponse with the most popular email marketing services.
So check out the below comparisons!
1. GetResponse vs. Aweber
- Offers a free 30-day trial.
- User interface is easy and if you are just starting out, you will have no problems with GetResponse.
- Offers 18% discount when paid annually.
- Setting up your first campaign is easy.
- GetResponse offers list building courses, guides, tutorials and conducts regular webinars.
- Over 600 templates to choose from.
- You can cancel your subscription anytime.
- Offers free 30-day trial as well.
- Aweber on the other hand is more on the advanced side, so you might find it a bit hard when you are just beginning.
- Offers Student discount on monthly bills.
- Setting up your first campaign is comparatively easier with the straight-forward steps.
- To help you out, there are live webinars, video tutorials and knowledge base.
- Over 500 templates to choose from.
- Aweber offers 30-day money back guarantee.
2. GetResponse vs. MailChimp
- GetResponse offers a free 30-day trial after which you need to buy the paid plans.
- GetResponse does not support integration with Google Drive.
- GetResponse offers a lot of features and have way more templates to help you design your emails better.
- There is no subscriber rating system in GetResponse.
- The pricing starts at 15/month for up to 1000 subscribers and increases.
- MailChimp offers you a free account for up to 2000 subscribers & 12,000 emails a month. If your subscriber count surpasses 2000, then only you have to start paying, otherwise it is free for life.
- MailChimp supports Google Drive integration.
- Since it offers a free version, the features might be limited as not a lot of templates are available to use.
- MailChimp have a subscriber rating system where the subscribers can be rated out of 5 stars.
- Free for 2000 subscribers & 12,000 emails/month with limited features. The paid plans start at $10/month for up to 500 subscribers with all the features.
3. GetResponse vs. ConstantContact
- GetResponse is user friendly with the easy to use interface.
- GetResponse offers a free 30-day trial and paid plans start at $15/month for up to 1000 subscribers.
- For $15/month, you get access to all the features including social media integrations and autoresponders and other email marketing services.
- You can cancel your subscription anytime but as it is a pay-as-you-go service, it doesn’t offer refunds.
- ConstantContact is comparatively less user friendly and the load time is also more.
- On the other hand, ConstantContact offers a 60-day free trial and the paid plans start at $20/month for up to 500 subscribers.
- However, in ConstantContact, you’ll have to pay more to access social media plugins for your campaigns.
- ConstantContact offers 100% money back guarantee.
- Offers Student discount on monthly bills.
At the end of the article, I will only say that if you are just beginning your email marketing journey, then GetResponse is the right choice for you.
You can go through all the training material and attend the live webinars to polish your skills and learn new tricks. So go and try it for free and start building your very first email list.
If you have any queries or doubts, then drop your comments below. Share the article with your friends and let them know about this awesome tool.